Thursday, April 21, 2011

Rainbow

My dear Mikkie,


Every time I see a rainbow across the sky, it gives me hope to move forward for another day.

Remember those words from my poem? Well, I just saw the most beautiful rainbow just last week and couldn't help but think you made it just for me. It's the first one I've seen since that one back in Septemberish. It was the brightest, longest one I've seen and it was right up close, so cool.

I was just thinking today about how great I've been feeling this past week, and thought just maybe that rainbow really did give me the hope to move forward. This has been one of the best weeks in so long. I've never gone this long just feeling at peace and feeling happy; it's been great in so many ways, but most of all because I've felt the spirit more. Maybe it's the amazing books I've been reading (which I want to discuss with you later!), and just becoming more educated on death and the afterlife. I've had a lot of great conversations with different people about things and I just feel that what we've read is true! I've had a great testimony building experience this week that confirmed to me, once again, that God IS real. He IS there, He lives! He is very mindful of us and what we're going through. It was such a relief, because even though I've never stopped believing, it was nice to feel it!

There was a sad thing that did happen this week though, it didn't take from my peace, but still brought me back to the memory of the aching. A toddler had drowned in the lake and I just cried and ached for that family. I feel an incredible desire to help this poor, grieving family and be a support to them. I want to give back what was so generously done for us. I pray for the comfort of this family, that they will feel God's love.

What an interesting life! It's going past awful fast. It's already been 8 months since you left, it boggles my mind.

I love you so much! And if you did have a part in that rainbow.... thank you! I truly am grateful for it and the message it gave me.

Love me,

Mama

3 comments:

Katie Webb said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Brittany said...

You are amazing! Glad you are feeling peace...hope you will continue to feel peace all of the time. Your girls are beautiful.

Winston and Adrienne said...

The rainbow is gorgeous! did you take a picture of that from your backyard? Tender mercies! That is for sure! There are reasons for everything and I am sure your sweet Miki had something to do with it!! When it brings you so much peace, how could it not? You're awesome!