Sunday, May 20, 2012

Understanding

My sweet Mikayla,

I've been really struggling, wishing that people could understand without having to go through this themselves. As I was reading some talks I came across the lyrics to one of my very favorite hymns:
"Where can I Turn for Peace"



Where can I turn for peace? Where is my solace 
When other sources cease to make me whole?
 
When with a wounded heart, anger, or malice,
 
I draw myself apart, Searching my soul?

Where, when my aching grows, Where, when I languish,
Where, in my need to know, where can I run?
 
Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish?
 
Who, who can understand? He, only One.

He answers privately, Reaches my reaching 
In my Gethsemane, Savior and Friend. 
Gentle the peace he finds for my beseeching.
 
Constant he is and kind, Love without end.
["Where Can I Turn for Peace?" Hymns, 1985, no. 129]

No song could be more perfect for how I feel right now. 

Who, who can understand? He, only One. While others may not ever understand what it's like, I have peace in knowing that there is always One whom I can turn to.

All my love,

Mama

0 comments: