Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I'll Think of You

Sweet Mikkie,

Life seems to be going in fast forward lately. Which can be good and bad. Life still feels like a dream, and I can't wait to wake up from it. I've been surprisingly calm lately (emotionally), it's not just a picture that brings tears, it's music. Music has always had a great impact on me and how I feel.
Remember the poem I wrote for you and read at your funeral? I had a few people saying I should make it into a song, but it wasn't until your uncle Dale said something that I really began to take it seriously. He is incredibly gifted with music and I had no doubt at all that he could come up with something beautiful. It didn't take him long at all and the first time he played the melody for me, I couldn't contain myself...tears just kept streaming down.
We had to change my poem a little to make it fit the music, and I had to come up with the chorus. It took me a while til I found the words that felt right.
We had the music done then talked of recording it. It was missing something. Singing. Someone has to sing the words, that's what the song is about. I immediately thought of a gal in our ward who has an amazing voice, Stephanie Hill. She has some cd's she's recorded and I remember hearing her voice before. She was so kind and willing enough to do this for me.
Well, last Friday we did it. We recorded it and I have my very own cd of your song. I've always thought it would be cool to put words to music, but cannot compose to save my life. I'm very grateful to Dale and Stephanie who have helped make this a reality, and prefect at that. The song could not be more perfect. I never have a dry eye when listening to it.
I hope you love it just as much, Mikkie. It brings me close to you. I put together a little slideshow that goes along with the lyrics. I know it's not professional, but I tried my best, just know it comes from my heart.

I am going to do a tree in memory of you for the Festival of Trees this year. I'm very excited. I'm going to sell this song for $1 and all of the proceeds will go to help with it....which will in turn go to Primary Children's Hospital....the place that tried so very hard to revive you. Most of all I'm hoping this song will touch others' hearts, as it comes from the heart of a mother who lost a most precious, angelic baby girl whom she loves more than life itself.

I love you and I'll think of you.....Mikayla, always.

With love,

Momma

**If you would like to purchase this song, you can click the Donate button below or on the top right hand side of this blog. You can purchase it for $1, and any donations will greatly be appreciated. All proceeds will ultimately be given to Primary Children's Hospital. The song will be emailed to you within 24 hours of payment.
Thank You.**


12 comments:

Nycole Rosen said...

Wow, Laura....that is absolutely beautiful!! What a wonderful tribute to your sweet Mikkie.

the harpers said...

This is perfect! Beautiful tribute to a beautiful little girl who we all miss. We love you!

Jenn and Troy said...

Wow-Laura this is so amazing-Thank you so much for sharing!

Unknown said...

I'm so happpy that you're sharing this with all of us. It's simply amazing and I truly hope you know that you ARE touching others through your journey!

Mee said...

Let me see if I can see the keyboard through my tears... ;o) Very beautifully done all! I'm excited you're going to do a tree for PCH! What a wonderful tribute to our little Jesse/Harper angel! :)

Brittany & Garrett Best said...

That was amazing Laura! What an awesome tribute to your little girl! Thank you so much for sharing, it was one of the most touching songs/video I've ever seen!

Traci said...

This is exactly as you say, Laura--PERFECT. It has beautiful lyrics, beautiful music, and a beautiful voice. What a wonderful tribute. Beautiful video, too!

Lisa R.D. said...

This song turned out so beautifully and is so perfect!

Hess Fam said...

Laura it's beautiful! your whole blog is! I am so so sorry for your loss. My heart just aches for you. But I am overwhelmed by your faith. Thank goodness for this gospel! Good luck with everything. KNow you are in our prayers! You truly are.

Argyle's said...

What a beautiful song and tribute to your little Mikkie. She is beautiful and you are an amazing family. I truly am so sorry for all you are going through. My heart truly does ache for you and your family. I do love checking your blog daily, you have so many words of strength and are inspiring and touching more people than you realize. Thank you for your honesty, your faith, and your sweet spirit. Your family is in our prayers daily.
Rachel

Andrea said...

My heart is aching for you... I don't know you, but thank you. I just clicked on a link from a friend on Facebook and VOILA... I've been uplifted and inspired to be a better person and mom. You're sweet little family will be in my thoughts and prayers. <3

agravette said...

God bless you. I've read your craft blog for a while, and when I saw that you had lost your little angel, it just broke my heart. You seem so upbeat and positive, and I am honestly amazed at how you've allowed God to work through you. I'll be praying for you and your precious family every day. God bless you again. Alisha