Thursday, September 2, 2010

Life "flaws" by

Dear Mikkie,

This week has been so crazy busy going to and fro, I've hardly had time to sit and think. I've had time to think about you though, always. It's been more of a tough week than I thought. Right now I feel numb. Is that because my emotions are just exhausted and out of whack?

Some things feel harder to deal with because you're not around...I get stressed more easily and when that happens I don't feel like I have the strength to keep going. Not like I was more in control when you were here, but I at least felt like I had more of a hold on things. Life seemed secure.

I saw a fly today, or "flaw" as you would say. I could hear your cute little voice saying it over and over in my mind. I swatted it and expected to hear your little burst of giggles, but turned around to a silent high chair. It's not the same, but I'll keep doing it and laugh to myself because I know you would laugh if you were here.

I pray God will bless me with extra strength and that I will feel you right by my side holding me up. Mommy needs you. Will you do that for me? I miss you like crazy, it hurts.

Love me,

Momma

1 comments:

Jenny said...

You are amazing Laura as I watch you just move on and keep that beautiful smile on your face. I'm sure it isn't easy but you inspire me in so many ways. May the Lord continue to bless you with that strength you need to continue to heal :) Love you!