Sunday, November 4, 2012

21 Days closer Day 2

Covenant.

The invitation for this day is Covenant. The covenants we make with our Savior; we are reminded of them every Sunday when we partake of the sacrament. One of them is remembering Him always and keeping His commandments which comes with the greatest blessing He can give us, to always have His spirit be with us. Do we live worthy of this blessing? Do we bring honor to Christ's name? Do we consecrate our lives and serve Him?

"Today make it a priority to bear burdens, give comfort and stand as a witness. Try to remember Him always and let the walk of your life exemplify Him."

I find this a bit more difficult of a task because I am far from being Christlike. When the natural man kicks in like it always does, I pause and ask myself, "Would this bring honor to His name? What would Jesus do?" I used to be in the habit of saying this years ago, and found it really helped to change my perspective and see and do things as Christ would. I want to make more of an effort to do that again and have it become second nature.




0 comments: