Tuesday, November 13, 2012

21 days closer Day 7

Pray.

1. Ask. The object of prayer is to secure for ourselves and for others blessings that God is already willing to grant, but that are made conditional on our asking for them.

2. Ask in the name of Christ, He is our mediator and He pleads our case to the Father, giving us greater chance at victory.

3. Determine "which is good". Many times we can determine what is good only after we have done all we can on our own, then take it before the Lord and ask Him to help us make a decision.

4. Ask in faith, believing that ye shall receive. Usually involves moments of silence, a time of reflection.

5. "It shall be done unto you". The answers will be forthcoming. We don't always know how or when but we can learn to watch for and accept the answers He sends. We learn to receive answers, a step at a time, until we become familiar enough with the answers to prayer to appreciate them everywhere around us.

The step that I have been focusing on more is determining which is good. I would do great if God would just tell me what to do, I can follow instructions. The hard part for me is trying to do all I can myself and working for the answer. I expect such immediate answers most the time then I get frustrated when it doesn't come. I know that He does hear our prayers and answers do come- sometimes not the way we want or when we want but they do come.

0 comments: