Sunday, November 4, 2012

21 days closer Day 3

Keep. 

"We renew our appeal for the keeping of individual histories and accounts of sacred experiences in our lives- answered prayers, inspiration from the Lord, administrations in our behalf, a record of the special times and events of our lives. From these records you can also appropriately draw as you relay faith-promoting stories in your family circles and discussions. Stories of inspiration from our own lives and those of our forbears as well as stories from our scriptures and our history are powerful teaching tools. I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to you, each other, your children, your grandchildren, and others throughout the generations."  Spencer W. Kimball


We are invited to keep a journal of our relationship with Christ and record attributes we admire in Him, lessons He has taught us or moments when we have felt His love. "Do you have a written copy of your testimony of Christ?" I have written my testimony before, but I will write it for this.

I do not only firmly believe in my Savior and Heavenly Father, I know without a doubt that They live. I do not need tangible proof to prove that They exist. I remember a quote from a cute movie with a great point, "If you can't accept anything on faith, then you are doomed to a life dominated by doubt." That has really struck me especially when relating to the gospel. I have felt His love, countless times through both happy times and trying times. I have had too many experiences to ever doubt Him and His love for me. He is very aware of us. I love the way I feel when I'm doing the things I should and feel His approval of my choices. Having His spirit with me and feeling the peace, comfort and happiness it brings is one of my greatest desires and I would do anything to continually keep it with me. I cannot deny what I have felt and I know what I have felt to be true.

0 comments: