Sunday, November 4, 2012

21 Days closer Day 4

Search.

The story of the woman who touched the garment of Christ and was healed was told as an example for this. She stretched until she received the miracle she longed for, we too can cultivate a relationship with Christ by applying these same principles. Most likely the answer will not come easily, the woman was plagued by her illness for more than 12 years before the answer came.
Joseph Smith said, "Whatever God requires is right, no matter what it is, although we may not see the reason thereof till long after the events transpire." No matter how long or hard the search, if it brings us closer to Christ, is it worth it. The intensity of the search will make the treasure priceless, one that we will not ever give up.

This really struck a chord with me. Sometimes I feel like if a situation is important enough I should get an immediate answer, but I'm realizing that is not always the case. I know that the trials in my personal life are ones that I will never give up on because I know the treasure of them will be priceless. Like it describes in the book, these trials are demanding and relentless and stretches me to my limits again and again but all at the price of becoming so much closer to my Savior, learning so many valuable lessons.. all that, I'm afraid I wouldn't have without going through these things.

I cannot count the number of times where I've felt like giving up, like I just could not go on any longer; Christ was there for me and He made up the difference, He lifted me, strengthened me and comforted me. Through these trials I have had to search for the Savior more and harder than I ever have in my entire life, searching to find strength beyond my own. The question, "What was the process you went through in that search?" is asked. My answer..... Definitely more meaningful prayers. I've had more intimate, meaningful prayers with my Father in Heaven than ever before. I have not really known the meaning of true, heartfelt prayer until these recent years. He is there when I feel there is no one else, and I do not worry about what He thinks of me, I just let all my thoughts, worries, fears, frustrations, dreams, desires etc all out and I know He is listening to me with patience, love and understanding. I'm afraid I wouldn't have learned to really search for Christ without my particular trials.

0 comments: